Friday, December 18, 2015

Scalloped Rainbow

12/23/2015 Update: This card was voted "Top Three" in the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!






Using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #138 for
inspiration, I created the following birthday card. My aunt will be 89 in March so I think I will set this aside to mail to her in a few months. I wanted the card to be feminine and pretty and the sketch helped me achieve that.

Scrap pieces of watercolor paper were colored with watercolor paints in colors of red/pink, orange, yellow flecked with orange, green, blue and purple flecked with pink. The variegation on the scallops does not show up well in the photos. The pieces were then die cut into scallops, flowers and leaves and adhered to the card front panel. A strip of glimmer paper was adhered. The sentiment was stamped, punched and adhered to a die cut blue watercolored label. The label was backed with thin foam tape.

A panel of blue watercolored paper was adhered to the card base. The card panel was then adhered to the blue panel using craft foam.


The inside of the card was decorated with a few die cut flowers and a birthday stamp.






Please visit the AHSC blog and consider joining in the weekly challenge!
Techniques: Stamping, die cutting, water coloring, punching
Size: 5" x 6.5"
Materials:
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy "Love Birds" (sentiment on card front); SU! "Flower Patch" (sentiment on inside)
Inks: Koh-I-Noor watercolor set, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Paper: SU! Whisper White cardstock, SU! water color paper, SU! Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper
Dies: Lil' Inker Designs "Fanfare Scalloped Border" & "Perky Posies"; Spellbinders "Labels Twenty"
Punch: SU! Modern Label
Misc.: Craft foam, CTMH thin foam tape

7 comments:

  1. How pretty Melanie! I love that scalloped rainbow. Cute flowers and perfect sentiment too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your scallops...When I first saw it I thought of the Paper Fundamentals. Think I might have to find this die and add it to my Christmas list. Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much work has gone into this card and the end result is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mel this really is a good interpretation of the sketch and so colorful. Beautiful card. And yes, like Tracey said above it is a Paper Fundamentals look. I'll show you the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, I love the vibrant colours and the wow that is an awesome way of doing the sketch! Great job! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful rainbow of colors! Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty Mel! Love how colorful it is! Beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Atlantic hearts!

    ReplyDelete