Sunday, June 19, 2016

Double Wreath Feminine Card

6/22/2016 Update: Atlantic Hearts Challenge Top Three Winner

My card started as something totally different with every intention of making it for two challenges, one Sketch Challenge, which inspired the layout, and a Tag Challenge. When I finished I realized the Tag Challenge would have to wait for another time because the tag on my card isn't even close to that theme's challenge.

I'm pleased with the pastel colors of my card and the wrinkled, crushed seam binding that I used for the triple bow. There's a part of me that wants to steam press that ribbon crisp and flat but I used it the way it is intended although it wasn't easy. (I'm a person who still likes my sheets and pillowcases ironed!)

A panel of white cardstock was stamped with a lacy floral background design. A panel of pink cardstock was die cut along the bottom to achieve the multiple scalloped edge and adhered. A panel of plaid DSP cut on the diagonal was adhered. A narrow strip of cardstock was added along that bottom edge.

Using a brush, a tag of vellum cardstock was dusted with pink ink. The bottom edge was die cut with scallops and a die cut swirly was adhered, then three punched flowers were added to the wreath. Foam was added to the back of the vellum to pop it up and to adhered it to the card. The triple looped bow was tied and adhered.

A smaller die cut wreath was added to the lower left corner, again with three punched flowers. The flowers were decorated with clear Wink of Stella and pearls. The finished panel was adhered to a card base. The card base was lined with a panel of white cardstock decorated with punched flowers and Wink of Stella.

The design for my card was inspired by the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #164.

Techniques: Stamping, ink dusting, die cutting, punch cutting
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

Materials
Stamp set: SU! Touches of Texture
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette
Cardstock: SU! Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Vellum
DSP: Lawn Fawn plaid stack
Dies: Reverse Confetti Swirlies & Impression Obsession scallops
Punch: SU! Itty Bitty Punch Pack (flower)
Other: SU! Dimensions foam, Paper Sweeties ribbon, pearls from stash, Judikins ink dusting brush, Wink of Stella (clear)

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Melanie - I LOVE everything about this card! The colour scheme is so vibrant and feminine, the dies are "to die for" - they are just awesome, and that ribbon, even though it is crinkled and wrinkly - and I have the SAME issue with using it that way - looks great at the bottom of the wreath! Everything just works so perfectly together - I want to get all these pieces for myself so I can re-create this. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us once again at Atlantic Hearts - always such inspiring work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the crinkly ribbon! Thanks for joining us at AHSC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Melanie! Love the die cuts with the little flower punches. Great colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Ha!!! I see that crinkly ribbon on your card and I LOVE it!!!! Beautiful design and love the colors! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goregouse! I love the colours! That ribbon is to die for, that blue is awesome! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUST STUNNING!!! Love every aspect of this beautiful card, and love reading through all your steps. Another perfect job! Thanks again for playing with us over at Atlantic Hearts. :) ~ Ali (AHSC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous...love the soft colors and plaid and wreath that you laid on top of the vellum the plaid would come through. Love all the die-cuts (in particular the scallops) and other embellishments.

    ReplyDelete