Friday, January 25, 2019

My Heartful Cat Valentine



After completing this card, my cat, Sluggo, was later found pawing the foil along the edge, causing it to be torn a bit. I decided to leave it without attempting any repair. People who know me also know I love cats and dogs. At present I have only Sluggo but I have had many, many pets. My stepdaughter also shares my love of cats and has three. When I made this Valentine card I knew it would be mailed to my stepdaughter to enjoy.


The colors were selected by using Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #327. This is a Tic-Tac-toe challenge so I selected the bottom row (Willow, Raspberry, Carolina) then added Lemon-, Pewter- and Ballerina-like colors by using the floral print. I hope you'll visit the challenge and check out how you can use anywhere from three to nine colors from the Tic-Tac-Doe grid and still be following the rules. This challenge lasts from Friday, January 25 through February 10, 2019.


The cat image was die cut from patterned paper and adhered to Pewter cardstock. The heart and swirly cut-outs were inlaid with Raspberry foil cardstock along with some other embellishing. Onto a black card base, a panel of white cardstock was adhered. The Pewter panel was trimmed along one edge with the Raspberry foil cardstock and adhered to the card base. The inside was decorated with a scrap of the designer paper used for the cat. The inside will also be stamped with a Valentine greeting.


The Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare would enjoy seeing your project and how you used the colors, so be sure to visit the blog and consider joining the challenge.

Techniques: Die cutting, Inlay
Size: A2

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Whisper White; CTMH Pewter; WRMK Foil in Amaranth
Paper: Doodlebug "Cream & Sugar" Collection
Die: Tutti "Hearted Cat"

6 comments:

  1. What a fun Valentine Card! I love that your cat put his touch on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cat in a pattern paper and the rest in solid. The red foil is a perfect accent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sluggo did a good job in enhancing your border. Love that foil paper really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the foil and the hearts hanging from the cat's tail. Beautiful pattern inside the cat as well. Lovely Valentine's card - and a special aded touch from Sluggo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design! The foil touches are perfect...and I love that your kitty "helped" with the design too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the foil additions and that your cat helped you make it special.

    ReplyDelete