Monday, February 18, 2019

Magical Unicorn Valentine



Over at the Double Trouble Blog Challenge #22 we are partnering with Use Your Stuff Challenge #347 through March 3, 2019. The DTC #22 is based on a Tic Tac Toe grid shown below. I used the center row (sentiment, stamped image, sparkle). To achieve the "Magical" theme, I used this cute card that I made after taking a Copic class. The Copic instructor provided the image for coloring along with a variety of die cut panels and frames to be used as each individual student wished.


The panels were embossed and layered onto the white card base. The heart borders were added for color. The label die cut was raised using foam tape. The Copic-colored, die cut unicorn and the fussy cut shooting star were adhered using foam tape. Finally, the pink heart was adhered to the unicorn along with the die cut sentiment and rhinestones were added for sparkle. Afterwards, I added Wink of Stella to the shooting star.


Be sure to visit the challenge blogs for Double Trouble #22  and Use Your Stuff #347. Join the challenge fun!


Materials
Stamp/Die Unicorn Bundle: Paper Smooches "Spectrum"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Pool Party & Sweet Sugarplum
Other Dies & Embossing Folder: Provided by Copic instructor
Misc.: Stampin' Up! Dimensionals (foam tape); ZIG Wink of Stella (clear); rhinestones from stash

4 comments:

  1. I am in love with that unicorn!!! I had a collection of unicorns when I was growing up and although it's packed away I find it hard to part with. I'm so excited that the popularity of unicorns has made an insurgence again. I love your coloring...I really need to take a copic class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love this unicorn from Paper Smooches, Melanie! Very magical indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one adorable unicorn - and the sparkle adds just the right touch! Beautiful details on the rest of the card and your colouring is spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Melanie, that card is just too cute! The colors are perfect and I love your layering. :)

    ReplyDelete