Friday, May 3, 2019

Feliz Cinco de Mayo

Update: CAS Favorite of the Week ending 05/04/2019 at Splitcoast Stampers!



It's almost Cinco de Mayo and we're starting the celebration early at the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #341. The challenge is usually a grid with specific colors but this time an inspiration photo of a serape was provided.


I went searching to find out about serapes and found inspiration on the Internet for my little hombre. He is enjoying his siesta so must be tired from all the celebrating! I drew him freehand using a pencil, then colored with Copic Alcohol Markers. Next, I drew the serape and added colors with Copics. Finally, I downloaded a free digi image of a sombrero, colored and fussy cut it and plopped it onto his head. Keeping it simple, I used foam tape and adhered the elements to a red card base. A little shadowing was added with a Copic marker. The inside was decorated with a cactus stamp, some adobe houses and the computer-generated sentiment, "Feliz Cinco de Mayo".


My card has already been mailed to some friends of ours in California who are of Mexican descent and love to celebrate with Margaritas and plenty of good food!

Be sure and join us at the Color Dare Challenge #341 from Friday, May 3, 2019, through Thursday, May 16, 2019.

Materials
Stamps: Cactus on inside by Scraps of Love; other images and sentiment hand-drawn or computer-generated
Inks: Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Real Red; Spectrum Noir for Alcohol Ink
Misc.: Foam tape

3 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love how you used the bright colors! My favorite part is the inside!!! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors and fun design. Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card - and such a great one for this celebration! I also love the inside with the decorated cactus. Great job!

    ReplyDelete