Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Thinking of You - Vintage



Biweekly sketch challenge #411 at Try Stampin' on Tuesday begins today and is open through Sunday evening, June 16, 2019. Following the sketch below, the optional theme is to make a vintage or grunge card.


A number of years ago, I attended a CTMH card class. Included in the fee was a package of materials to make eight Christmas cards. The cards were finished and mailed but being an admitted paper hoarder, I hung on to all the little bits and pieces of cardstock and patterned paper in spite of the fact that there were no sentiments, stickers or ephemera remaining. When I saw this optional challenge was "Vintage", I went right to that pack and used up almost all that was left.


Using a favorite die set, I cut the centerpiece from scraps of cardstock and paper. I stacked the die cut pieces together and backed the stack with foam tape. I dry embossed a cardstock panel to add texture to the card. This embossed panel was adhered to the black card base. In keeping with the sketch, I added the horizontal piece, backing it with a die cut strip. The sentiment was stamped and adhered, the centerpiece was adhered and a few gold sparkle gems were added. I should mention that I sponged the edges of the papers to add a vintage look. The inside was lined with coordinating cardstock.


The TSOT Design Team invites you to visit our blog and play along!

Materials
Stamp: Stampin' Up! "That's the Tag"
Ink: Stampin' Up! Baked Brown Sugar
Cardstock: CTMH - all except black; Stampin' Up! Basic Black
Patterned Paper: CTMH (retired)
Die: Sue Wilson "Montreal" (centerpiece); Gina Marie (border on strip)
TIEF: Stampin' Up!
Misc.: foam tape and gems from stash

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Melanie! The colors are perfect and I love the embossing on the background. :)

    ReplyDelete