Sunday, December 8, 2019

It's All About You - Birthday


One of my favorite challenges has always been Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. It's the first challenge in which I ever participated because of a friend's urging and enjoy coming back to it occasionally. This card is for AHSC #345. I made my card at a crop yesterday where I was making birthday cards for my personal stash.



The square was die cut along with the smaller piece of patterned paper with numbers. I backed the smaller square with black cardstock to give it definition. The sentiment was stamped and die cut. I like the oval done on an angle. The other part of the sentiment was punched from cardstock. After adhering a panel of red-toned paper to the card base, the black vertical strip was die cut and adhered. Another identical strip was used to decorate the inside. The other elements were popped up with foam tape. The card was finished off with the little black "flags" behind the oval and a few gems.
If you've never visited Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, be sure to check out their blog - you'll be glad you did!
Materials
Stamps: Birthday Sentiments - no manufacturer's label 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Basic Black
Paper: Stampin' Up! "Birthday Basics Collection" (retired)
Dies: Dare 2 B Artzy Stitched Wavy Squares, Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Lawn Fawn Borders
Punch: Stampin' Up! "Modern Label"
Misc.: Foam tape, gems

5 comments:

  1. Perfect papers for that se this week.ntiment. Great birthday card! Thank you for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! So much for touch pads! 'sentiment' ...I also like the wavy stitched die cut very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that sentiment! great card this week! Wow! thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I really like the stitched die cuts, they add so much detail! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete