Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Ticket to the Tropics

Try Stampin' on Tuesday Biweekly Sketch Challenge #471 is underway today, Tuesday, August 18, through Sunday, August 30, 2020. We have a combination challenge this time where you have a choice to use either the sketch OR the theme, which is "Ticket to the Tropics", OR you may combine the sketch and the theme into one project, which is what I did.

I lived in the tropics most of my life and am a newcomer to the desert where I now reside. I not only love the lush greenery and fragrant flowers of the tropics but also find the ocean to be a treasure trove of beauty.  For my card, I cut panels of cardstock and patterned paper in keeping with the sketch. I changed the final layer from a square to a circle and added the silhouettes of palm trees. The inside was decorated with additional die-cut palms with space remaining to write a personal message.

Any time you're looking for a sketch to follow, visit the Try Stampin' on Tuesday Blog for inspiration and fun. There is a biweekly challenge beginning each Tuesday morning so there is always at least one active challenge to join.

Materials

Ink: Copic Alcohol Markers (inside of card)

Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Mossy Meadow & Pool Party

Paper: Stampin' Up! "Botanical Garden" (retired) &  "Bird Ballad"

Die: RCD (palm trees)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! The tropical colors are perfect, love those die cuts too! :)

    ReplyDelete