Friday, June 4, 2021

Happy Birthday USA!


Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #447 is up on the blog with a biweekly challenge and it's Tic-tac-toe! Beginning on Friday, June 4, this challenge will end on Thursday evening, June 17, 2021. The guidelines for a Tic-tac-toe challenge indicate that we select three colors. These must be from a column, a row, or a diagonal direction. Additional colors may be added but they must appear on this color board. I chose the left-to-right diagonal using Carolina, Toffee, and Scarlet then added Bluebird and Sapphire. I added Gold as my free color. (The board indicates Blue Belle but it should have been Bluebird so either one is acceptable.)



To begin, I cut 1" strips from patterned paper. Next, I cut a panel of white cardstock adhering to wide double-sided tape. I removed the release paper from the tape and began sticking the 1" strips onto the taped cardstock. Once finished, I trimmed the panel to size and began brushing gold leaf over the open grid lines ensuring it adhered to the exposed tape. Once completed, the card panel was added to a blue card base and decorated with a red rosette. I topped off the rosette with a scalloped circle of gold foiled cardstock. The inside was lined with white cardstock and decorated with a matching paper strip.


Color My Heart has a new biweekly challenge beginning each Friday so there is always an ongoing challenge. We hope you'll visit our Color Dare Blog and join us for some paper crafting fun!

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Not Quite Navy (sub for Sapphire), Cherry Cobbler (sub for Scarlet), & Gold Foiled cardstock
Paper: CTMH "Stars and Sparklers" Collection
Punch: Stampin Up' Scalloped Circle
Misc.: Prima Metallic Flakes (Oro/Gold) and Be Creative Tape Sheets (Sookwang)

7 comments:

  1. This is a great patriotic card - terrific rosette as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the addition of gold here! And so clever to see the patriot colours in the tic tac toe board! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie I love your card! It's a great patriotic look and the gold is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I love that gold leaf!!! It looks stunning on your card. I may totally have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mixture of papers and love the gold metallic flakes and the pop of the pretty rosette... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great use of this paper suite! The gold is a nice, rich touch.

    ReplyDelete