Friday, July 2, 2021

The Piggest Fan

07/07/2021 Update: Top Three winner at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #427.
Recently I spent some time in the hospital because of a severe allergic reaction to a prescription drug. It was a surprise because I have never been allergic to anything! Part of the treatment included a blood transfusion. I have been a blood donor for years but have rarely given it a second thought after each donation. Being a recipient, however, left me thankful and humbled that someone would do that for me. If you are able, please consider becoming a blood donor or organ donor. Your kindness could save a life.


I decided to have some fun with the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #427 plus enter my Glamorous Pig at Two Crafty Critter Crazies. I created the card but determined it needed something more. Have you heard of the concept of turning a "now" card into a "WOW" card? That's what I tried to do. To liven up my card, I added the bejeweled pig along with the butterfly and a silly pun. I hope it makes you smile.


Following the sketch, I added panels to the card base for the background followed by the four circles in varying sizes. I added foam tape in two thicknesses to vary the dimension as well. My images were stamped, adhered, and fussy cut, followed by the stamped sentiment and the rhinestones. I almost gave her rhinestone earrings! I had a few die-cut flowers from another project so I placed one in the pig's hoof and added two to the inside of the card. The inside was also lined with a white cardstock panel and decorated with paper scraps.


I urge you to join in the weekly sketch challenges at AHSC427. and don't forget to visit Two Crafty Critter Crazies. Whether or not you have played along with these challenges before, it's always fun to challenge your creativity. AHSC427 is open through Sunday evening, July 4, 2021, and 2CCC52 is ongoing through Sunday, July 25, 2021.

Happy Birthday USA!

Materials
Stamps: MFT "Sow Much Cuteness"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White & Lost Lagoon
Paper: Carta Bella "Flower Garden" Collection
Dies: Whimsy (stitched circles)
Misc.: Rhinestones and foam tape from stash

9 comments:

  1. So sweet! The little piggy is too cute, love the circle die cuts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweet card! The little pig is so cute and classy with the sparkly necklace!
    Thank you for sharing your card with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so sorry to hear that you had to go through such an awful experience with an allergic reaction. That pig is adorable and I love the papers you used on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card, I so love the bling necklace! Hope you are well on your way to a full recovery! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and whimsical card. Love it! thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful papers and an adorable image. Love the bling and the sentiment made me smile. You rocked it! Thanks for joining us at AHSC this week, and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, too cute! Great take on Sketch 427 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great take on the sketch. love your paper choices. thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really Delightful card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT
    Good to hear all is well with you now.

    ReplyDelete