Saturday, November 13, 2021

Coffee Is My Spirit Animal

Welcome to Stitches and Smudges! 


Playing along with the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop is a new experience for me. I have crafty friends who have been encouraging me to play along since the beginning. This is my second card (entry #215) for this blog hop and it's been fun to develop ideas when not having a big supply of coffee stamps. This Blog Hop runs from Friday, November 12, through Friday, November 19, 2021. Here is my entry for Saturday, November 13.

I have also submitted this card to Coffee Loving Cardmakers for the Caffeine-Fueled Paper Play Challenge.



I went through my paper stash and found this paper with a few cute images of girls. This girl appeared to be meditating and I had a coffee stamp that suited the image. I cut a few panels of cardstock based on colors from the image and layered them onto a black card base. The sentiment was stamped in two parts and added with foam tape for dimension. I also stamped the coffee mug directly to the image. The inside was lined with a die-cut scalloped rectangle.


I look forward to continuing throughout the week with the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!

Materials
Stamp set: Altenew "Coffee Talk" (sentiment) & Newton's Nook "Newton Loves Coffee" (black mug)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black & Just Jade
Patterned Paper: Making Cards Magazine
Dies: Jeanine's (oval mini-frames), Waffle Flower (scalloped rectangles) & Frantic Stamper (deckle edge rectangles)
Misc.: Foam tape and enamel heart

6 comments:

  1. Mel, adorable. That pink background almost look like beans, and the image is so sweet and great sentiment, does that mean coffee is an animal? lol. This can be entered in the monthly coffee challenge Lisa manages through Coffee Lovers. Check it out... http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2021/11/caffeine-fueled-paper-play-3/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful!
    Hello from Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!☕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, such a cutie! Love the sentiment ~ Namaste! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this! Beautiful and adorable!

    ReplyDelete