Monday, January 22, 2024

Love You - St. Valentine's Day



It's time to make cards for family members to celebrate St. Valentine's Day, so I have been making a few Valentines in advance. This sketch, from the weekly Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge, offers the opportunity to create another Valentine. This is Challenge #561 and is scheduled to run through Sunday evening, January 28, 2024.


Flowers are always appropriate on cards so that paper was my first selection, and then finding additional patterned papers was next. After cutting the shapes, they were adhered to a panel of scrap cardstock. I thought my careful selection to fit the majority of two large flowers into the largest shape was just right because I had also managed to capture a bit of the leaves. That is... until I added the additional elements. My sentiment circle was going to cover the leaves. The color of the leaves, a deep blue-green, was the reason I selected the pinstripe paper. It was time to tweak the plan. 

The silver metallic circle was adhered along with the stacked hearts stamped with a tiny sentiment and then a set of leaves fussy-cut from the floral paper was adhered. This was still in keeping with the sketch and added the color I wanted. A few silver pearls were added and the card front was adhered to a white card base. The inside of the card was decorated with leftover paper scraps and another silver circle with a dragonfly silhouette. The dragonfly was originally die-cut to use with the sentiment but I went with the leaves instead.

I think this sketch design is a great way to use up scraps from my stash so I am planning to use it again. I am also sure that my sister-in-law in Florida will enjoy receiving her annual St. Valentine's card!

Be sure to visit the AHSC 561 Blog!

So glad you stopped by to view my card. Your comments are welcome.
Thank you,
Melanie


Materials
Stamp: The Stamps of Life "Candy Hearts 2"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Silver Foiled, Bravo Burgundy (retired)
Paper: Altenew "Enjoy the Ride" Collection, Honey Bee "Pinstripes & Polka Dots - Winter"
Dies: The Stamps of Life "Candy Hearts 2", Hero Arts Infinity (circles), Kokorosa (dragonfly on the inside)
Misc.: Honey Bee (silver pearls)


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love your mix of papers here! Thanks for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you chose, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete