Friday, April 19, 2024

Thinking of You... So Very Much! (CD #597)



It's time again for Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #597. This biweekly challenge ends on Thursday evening, May 2, 2024. Over time I have learned to enjoy color challenges although I found them daunting in the early days of my card-making. Below is the color board. The colors remind me of my emerging tulip garden. The challenge requires using at least three of the colors shown and there is also a selection of free options. I used all four colors plus black and white.




I have recently been thinking about creating Clean and Simple (CAS) cards more often, so this card attempts to accomplish a CAS design. The important element seems to be keeping a significant amount of "white space". The space does not actually mean the color white. In graphic art, white space refers to blank space, not color. I could not resist adding a bit of bling so my card may be just outside the realm of a true CAS design.

After die-cutting the leaf image, it was colored by blending three colors, Ballerina, Sundance, and Limeade. The leaf was adhered to a white card base. The sentiment was stamped. I selected this for the simple, small font. The color, Rosy, was introduced by adding gems. The inside of the card was decorated with a coordinating stamp of the leaves in green ink, leaving sufficient space for a personal message.

I plan to mail this card to my Aunt Mildred. She is 98 years old and recently broke her leg. I have already sent her a few cards but I know she will enjoy receiving another while she is rehabilitating. 

Please visit the Color Dare Blog #597 and enjoy our color challenge. Thank you for stopping by.

Melanie

Materials
Stamps: Altenew "Leaf Canopy" (sentiment and leaves inside of card)
Inks: Stampin' Up! Parakeet Party (for Limeade), Blushing Bride (for Ballerina), Crushed Curry (for Sundance); Memento Tuxedo Black (sentiment)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White
Die: Altenew "Leaf Canopy"
Misc.: Honey Bee Gem Stickers



6 comments:

  1. “Leaf Canopy” is one of my favourite sets - I like the blended colour combo. Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colors are so pretty blended and you did accomplish CAS beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your Aunt Mildred!! God bless her. Your card is very lovely and I thought it looked CAS - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ❤️ this card! The leaves are so pretty, definitely CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie your card is so pretty, love your blending technique!!

    ReplyDelete