Friday, February 16, 2024

Spring Card with a Fun Fold



Double Trouble Challenge #160 is temporarily on a different schedule by opening this challenge on Friday, February 16, 2024. Our format, however, has not changed so this challenge is based on three "Things". Challenge #160 Blog provides an explanation in detail of the requirements and options.

Creating a fun fold is the required element. Recently, a correspondent of mine shared instructions with me on creating a "Diamond Tent Fun Fold" card. I decided to create the card for this challenge and play along with Thing 2 by submitting it to our challenge partner, Creative Creases #76.

The instructions began with a card base of 6" x 12" but I typically use cardstock no longer than 11", so I made it work. It meant the landscape card now stands at 3.5" tall rather than 4" tall but the width remained unchanged at 6", about the size of a mini-slimline design. Once the base was completed, the card was quick and easy to decorate. One of the challenge options is to recognize Leap Day, which falls on February 29, 2024. The option is to include a creature who leaps, so rabbits were added, which works with my spring theme. My niece's paper collection with matching ephemera came in handy by using two different paper patterns and two different green-colored cardstock panels to complete the card. 

Three rabbits were die-cut in different colors and tucked into the card's fold along with adding a floral image and a butterfly. I thought the card needed more color so touches of pink ink were brushed onto a few elements, including the rabbit ears. There is an inside fold to this card, which was embellished with a die-cut rabbit. The sentiment was omitted for now and there is sufficient space for a personal note. 

I think I need to take some lessons in photography. I am constantly disappointed with my photographs! Be sure to join this fun challenge and try your hand at creating a fun fold - it can be rewarding! Visit Double Trouble #160 and Creative Creases #76 to play along.

Thank you for looking.
Melanie

Materials
Ink: CTMH "Rosy"
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate
Paper & Ephemera: Echo Park "Good to Be Home" Collection
Die: Jaded Blossom Gnome Collection (rabbit)
Misc.: CTMH thin foam tape



8 comments:

  1. This is so cute with the bunnies and the plaid paper - great fun fold :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fun fold... will have to be a future fold for me. The papers used in your ten fold are so pretty and so fitting for those cute little bunnies and butterfly... love it all and photograph is just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!! I've never seen a fold like this or even heard of it. I'm going to have to look it up. I love the soft colors that you used for your design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never have seen that fold either, very clever! Love those cute little stitched bunnies too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fun fold card! Love the unique box style and the papers are lovely. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so clever - definitely one to try out!

    Thanks for having me as a Crazy Cousin again for this challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bunnies and a butterfly on a fun fold, YES! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how cute Melanie. Another fold I haven't tried and PERFECT for bunnies to hop on. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete