Friday, March 15, 2024

Spring Florals - Anemone Easter Card (DTC #162)

 

Double Trouble Challenge


Thank you for viewing my Spring Floral Easter card and welcome to Double Trouble Challenge #162. This biweekly challenge ends on Sunday evening, March 31, 2024. As always, there are three elements to this challenge. Be sure to visit the DTC162 Blog for specific details. Our partner for this challenge is Beautiful Blossoms #15.


Since purchasing a new die set with pretty Anemones I was eager to use it for this challenge. The style of the flowers appealed to me - sort of Art Deco. Although not required, our partner's Mood Board provided direction for my selection of colors, however, the layout is directly from the Spellbinders packaging but adding the textured background was my personal choice. 

After die-cutting the images and assembling the flowers the items were brushed with ink. A panel of cardstock was embossed and the elements were adhered. A layer of scrap cardstock was added behind each flower to elevate them slightly. (Even thin foam tape would have been too thick for the look I wanted.) For my optional Easter element, I simply added a meaningful sentiment in keeping with the solemnity of Easter.

In keeping with one of the challenge options I am linking my card with Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #15. Here is their Mood Board. 


Did you know that Anemones have deep meaning in many cultures? They symbolize love, affection, and good luck. The ancient Greeks thought they were the tears of Aphrodite and Adonis. Since my Anemones are purple, they also symbolize royalty.

Be sure to visit the Blogs for DTC #162 and Beautiful Blossoms #15.

Enjoy!
Melanie

Materials
Stamp: Stamps of Life "Easter Statements"
Inks: Stampin' Up! Shaded Spruce & Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White (card base), Daffodil Delight, More Mustard, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Mint Macaron, Just Jade
Die Set: Spellbinders "Fresh Picked Anemones"
Embossing Folder: Spellbinders "Optical Arches"

6 comments:

  1. Those anemones are gorgeous, love their unique stylec and really make an impact in the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty - I have had my eye on the set for a while. Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Anemones are unique and very pretty, I agree they do remind me of Art Deco as well. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun fact about anemones!! I love that you shared that! Your card is so bold and beautiful. I love those flowers and that the colors you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to look up anemones... what a variety land and sea. Bold and Beautiful die cuts with great detail in the florals and the bold embossed background is perfect for these flowers. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! So unique in color and design. Thanks so much for joining us At The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete