Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Happy Spring (TSOT 649)


Try a Sketch on Tuesday Challenge #649 is open through Sunday, June 30, 2024. At first, I found this sketch to be uninspiring. I thought about different images and shapes, finally settling on a spring card with flowers and a bird.

The sketch for this challenge is below. I enjoy veering 'out of the box' with sketch challenges but decided to stick more closely with this sketch design. Please note that the sentiment is a required element.



Using a very old stamp set from my stash, I stamped and die-cut flowers - four for the card front and a few extra to decorate the inside. Although there was a punch for the bird, I chose to fussy-cut so there was barely a white rim. The wood grain is several strips of Washi tape on white cardstock. I assembled the various elements using foam tape. I was especially pleased with the combination of colors on the card - all from scrap patterned paper. The card base is white cardstock and the inside is decorated with a flower and a sprig.
 
Please check out the TSOT649 Blog to play along with the sketch challenge. 
Melanie

Materials
Stamps: SBC "Mini-Circle Sentiments" & Stampin' Up! "Polka Dot Pieces"
Ink: Stampin' Up! Crisp Cantaloupe
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White
Paper: CTMH "Sweet Memories" & mix-ins
Dies: SBC "Sprig Shape Dies" & Hero Arts Infinity (circles)
Misc.: Washi tape (wood grain), Honey Bee gem sticker (bird's eye), SBC foam tape (1 mm & 2 mm)



6 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Melanie! Yes, I thought it a challenging sketch as well - but it really pushes you to think differently. I love the flowers and that sweet bird, and especially clever use of the aperture as a layer. Thank you for sharing your project at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - love the colours. This was definitely a challenging sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, I think you did a great job interpreting the sketch! I love the "cross stitch" look of the flower elements, and your choice of colors!! Thank you for sharing your creativity!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors and the whimsical spring look of the card... and wouldn't have known the woodgrain was washi tape. Such an adorable and pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job. I'm super impressed with how you created the woodgrain - way to think outside the box! I really like how you added a sprig to the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, this is a great card using the sketch! I love that you used a bird instead of the sun or moon! I was stuck with those in my head. Love the colors too! I just painted a couple of cards with similar colors today!

    ReplyDelete