Thursday, August 1, 2024

What Makes You Happy - Masculine (DTC #172)




What a special time! At Double Trouble we are thinking about happiness. Did you know that there are actual days dedicated to being happy? International Happiness Day falls on March 20 and National Smile Day is May 31. But we could all use some happiness at any time so that's my focus.

As is customary, our challenge is comprised of three "Things".
Thing 1 is the only required element but if you play along with the options from Things 2 and 3, you could increase your chances of winning our randomly drawn prize. Visit the DTC 172 Blog for specific details.

Our partner for this challenge is If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #195 so check out their challenge guidelines as well. The cookie they selected for this challenge is all about being happy and is below next to their badge.

Our challenge runs from Thursday, August 1 through Thursday, August 15, however, our partner's challenge will continue through August 31, 2024.

  



For this challenge, I did some pondering about happiness. I concluded that happiness has many elements. Having people with whom to share our lives made my "shortlist". I was also reminded that my favorite season is autumn - it makes me happy and evokes wonderful memories from childhood. This led me to create a birthday card using an autumnal theme to celebrate one of the kindest and most helpful men in my family.

By the way, did you find the happy face on my card? If not, here is a hint. Look at the leafy patterned paper.

Enjoy our challenge AND our partner's challenge. Thank you for stopping by and remember, "Be the reason that someone smiles today". 
Melanie
😁

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Garden Green, Crushed Curry, & Cajun Craze
Paper: Photoplay "Autumn Greetings"
Dies: Hero Arts Infinity (circles), LZBRDY (circle heart wreath)
Misc.: Enamel Dots, SBC thin foam tape



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful autumnal birthday card Melanie … gorgeous layout and colours, and I love how you have included a cute smiley face! Thanks so much for having me as a Crazy Cousin for August xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too, and your card makes me happy looking forward to it here, can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that happy face right away - great idea! Wonderful autumn based birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn truly does bring happiness! Love seeing the pretty fall colors on your darling card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss those autumns in New York, beautiful card, and love how you got your smile in the chestnut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melanie, such a pretty card! Where did you get that cool die that says happy birthday? -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sent you a personal message on FB containing the link where it can be purchased.

      Delete