Friday, August 9, 2024

Racing by... Masculine Card of Encouragement (CD #613)



Another masculine card! I enjoy making them and all the men and boys in my family seem to enjoy receiving them. When I saw the color board below, I knew the colors worked for this stamp set and theme. One of my nephews is an excellent student. He is entering the seventh grade and loves school. He is frequently recognized for academic achievements so this will go into my stash for an upcoming event.


I always enjoy using primary colors - they are perfect for children's cards but I especially love their purity and brightness. The construction of this card is self-explanatory in the way it was made. The main technique was paper piecing the car's elements onto the basic car image. I also added the tires with foam tape for dimension. The checkered flag was also stamped, fussy-cut, and popped up with foam tape.


We invite you to join Color Dare #613 for some creative fun. This biweekly challenge is open through August 22, 2024.

Thank you.
Melanie

Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Racing by..."
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! Crushed Curry & Real Red
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Tip Top Taupe & Marina Mist
Paper: CTMH "Sweet Memories"
Die: Lil' Inker
Misc.: CTMH stars; SBC foam tape (1 mm and 2 mm)



6 comments:

  1. Very cute masculine card - that's a fabulous race car image :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! the race car is perfect for the red and yellow colors. The touch of blue is a nice balance in your design. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful masculine card! I always struggle with guy cards but this one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me think of watching Speed Racer as a kid! Fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute! I love the design! I agree with Becca-gave me Speed Racer vibes also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can put together masculine cards so fast, love the color combination and adorable image. Fun masculinle card.

    ReplyDelete