Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Ghostly Greetings (TSOT #657)




Try a Sketch on Tuesday Challenge #657 opened on Tuesday, October 15, 2024, and closes on Sunday, November 3, 2024. Visit our Challenge #657 Blog for details and guidelines.

Here's a sketch that's just right for any theme but the image inspired me to create something for Halloween. I am not a big fan of goblins, devils, and witches on my cards but I had these ghost dies in my stash that looked friendly enough.



To create the card, the ghosts were die-cut from white cardstock. Black cardstock scraps were adhered to the backs of the white images to darken the eyes and mouths. A black oval frame was added and a panel of purple was layered as a background for the oval aperture. The ghosts were added using thin foam tape.

The sentiment was stamped directly onto the card base. The inside was lined with a panel of white cardstock matted with purple cardstock and a tiny ghost was added. Another greeting was stamped inside, "What's up, pumpkin?".

My card will be given to one of my nephews. Thank you for stopping by to view it. I hope you will play along with TSOT Challenge #657.
Melanie


Materials
Stamps: Brass & Bliss "Ghostly Greetings" & Wintertime Crafts "Spatter and Brush"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Perfect Plum
Dies: Brass & Bliss "Ghostly Greetings", Hero Arts Infinity (ovals)
Misc.: SBC foam tape (1 mm.) & Honey Bee gem stickers



No comments:

Post a Comment