Color Dare opens today with a new biweekly color board for Challenge #716. This challenge is open through Thursday, August 20, 2026.
I had a little trouble deciding if one of the colors was orange, coral, tomato red, or terra cotta. I finally picked a color that's sort of an orange-coral color. For the third color, I selected a retired color, Not Quite Navy, and of course, white is a permitted neutral.
I have had this cute bird die for a while and have been wanting to use it, so this seemed like a good opportunity. I cut out two of them, each from a separate patterned paper, then swapped the wings and leg bases. I added black enamel "gems" for the eyes.
The various layers were cut from cardstock using a trimmer or a die. The tree branch was cut freehand from yet another patterned paper design. The leaves were also cut freehand and adhered. The card base is white, and the interior is decorated with another die-cut bird. The sentiment was stamped and added to the card front.
Please visit the Color Dare Design Team's card display on the Blog for Color Dare #716. We invite you to play along.
Thank you,
Melanie
Materials;
Stamp set: Stampin' Up! (sentiment)
Ink: SU Not Quite Navy
Cardstock: SU Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Not Quite Navy (retired)
Patterned Paper: Digi-Doodle Studio, Ink 'n Splatter "Honey Bee Sweet" Collection
Dies: Simon Says Stamp "Standing Whirl Bird" and UNB Stitched Rectangles (w/stepped corners)
Misc.: SBC Foam Tape


No comments:
Post a Comment