Sunday, June 21, 2015

Chevron Thanks

This card was selected as a favorite for the Featured Stamper of the Week.
This card was made for the colourQ challenge #295 (cQc295). I did not have any Blushing Bride paper or ink so substituted Pink Pirouette.
 
Using navy cardstock, chevrons were designed with a pencil and a ruler, hand cut and adhered to a panel of white cardstock. Designs were stamped in pink ink and the panel edges were sponged with navy ink. The sentiment was die cut from gold foiled cardstock and adhered. The pink and gold sequins were added and a piece of gold cord was wound around the panel and tied in a double bow.
The panel was backed with craft foam to lift it and adhered to a panel of pink cardstock. This was all layered onto the navy card base. The inside of the card was decorated with a white cardstock panel stamped with a border design in pink. Be sure to visit colourQ for beautiful card designs.
Techniques: Stamping, sponging, fussy cutting, die cutting
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")
Materials are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
Stamps: Altenew "Hennah Elements"
Ink: Pink Pirouette
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette
Specialty paper: DCWV Gold Foiled cardstock
Die: Taylored Expressions "thanks"
Misc.: Gold cord, sequins, craft foam

6 comments:

  1. Stunning Melanie! I love this color combination and you've used it perfectly. I'm very impressed with your ability to cut the chevrons so straight by hand...I could never do that! Fantastic card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Melanie, especially since I'm not big on chevrons. But this is beautiful! I love the colors you chose and the stamped background with the pretty embellishments! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband, Bob, said they reminded him of a military uniform (he is a 20-yr vet). I'm not really a fan of the large ones but ok with small. I saw a card on a vendor's site using a die they were selling. The card kind of appealed to me but not enough to make me purchase the die. Thank you for your sweet comment, Cheryl!

      Delete
  3. Great design Melanie - those chevrons look fab, especially with the gold sentiment on them! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colorway, and especially the metallic gold letters and perky gold bow. The feminine pink background and sequins are a lovely way to offset the crisp navy and white as well as the strong lines of the chevrons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops I missed this card...so clean and simple. I like this color challenge, and Chevrons is something I've wanted to do with my stamps.

    ReplyDelete