Monday, March 18, 2019

Fly By - Masculine



Because I come from a family of aviators, it's always fun to make a card with an aircraft theme. One of my brothers has a birthday in April so I made this card with him in mind. I kept the design low profile for ease in mailing it. The card is being used for two challenges:

1. Brown Sugar Challenge #288  (Transportation Theme)

2. Double Trouble Challenge #24  (Using something metallic with a twist to follow a Transportation Theme.)


The images were stamped on alcohol-ink-friendly cardstock. They were colored with Copic markers. One challenge requires the use of something metallic so I added silver ink. The tiny dab of silver ink on the nose, propeller and wheels was applied with a very tiny dauber I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog. The focal piece was backed with red cardstock. Onto a white card base, a panel of silver metallic textured cardstock was adhered. The focal panel was backed with foam tape and adhered to the silver base. The inside was decorated with a coordinating stamp, also colored with Copic ink.


Be sure to visit the challenge blogs to play along with a handmade project! Click here:  BSC #288 and DTC #24.


Materials
Stamps: Avery Elle "Fly By"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Delicata Silver, Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White & Real Red; P-E-T textured foil (silver)
Misc.: Stampin' Up! Dimensionals (foam tape); The Essentials Disposable Micro Applicators (MA-100 in "regular" size)

4 comments:

  1. This brought back some really fond memories of the beaches when I was a child where planes flew back and forth with messages. I always wanted someone to propose that way, LOL! fun card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Love your airplane with the little birthday banner, perfect colors and design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - I'm sure your brother will enjoy it. I really like the inside too - it looks like skywriting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely coloring, Melanie! Makes me want to head out on a trip somewhere... but maybe with an inside seat :-) -Donna

    ReplyDelete