Saturday, March 14, 2020

Adventure Bound Birthday - Masculine CAS


Tic Tac Toe challenges are a fun way to challenge oneself. Sometimes the ideas simply fall into alignment with one or more directions on the grid and other times it can be a struggle. I like making masculine cards and one of my brothers will be celebrating his 62nd birthday in April, so this grid inspired my card. I kept the card low profile for easy mailing.
This is a monthly challenge for March, The Joy of Sets #015. In the end, I selected the top row - Birthday, Forest, Silver - although my card is also masculine, which first drew me to the challenge.
I added a panel of dark brown cardstock to a green card base, then adhered patterned paper depicting a forest. Although there was a hint of green in the forest design, I lightly sponged additional color onto the patterned paper so it would coordinate with the card base. Finally, I die cut three sentiments - one each from silver, green and white, stacked them in an offset style and adhered directly to the card.


The inside was lined with a panel of white cardstock and decorated with coordinating paper and another die cut greeting, leaving sufficient space for a personal note.

If you enjoy Tic Tac Toe challenges or are looking for one to try, visit the JOSTTT015 Blog and play along!

Materials
Ink: Stampin' Up! Old Olive
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Old Olive, Early Espresso & Silver Foil
Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up! "Adventure Bound" Collection (retired)
Die: Spellbinders "Happy Birthday"

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's fantastic Melanie! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful elements for the challenge. Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT015 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card and with all that's going on in the world right now - that's exactly where I want to be! I'm glad our grid inspired you - hope to see you again next month - thanks for joining us at #josttt015

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, the patterned paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with us at #JOSTTT015 this month

    ReplyDelete