Monday, December 21, 2020

Oh, What Yum

The remaining two weeks of Double Trouble Challenge #73 are underway. Use a favorite cutting tool, link to Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge, and "Tie It Up" with string, twine, or ribbon. Both challenges began on Monday, December 7, 2020, ending on Sunday, January 3, 2021. 

Although I tried to do a Cricut design, my cut item had incorrect score marks. I tried to make sense of where to fold the item but it was complex and the instructions were unclear. Frustrated, I changed tactics and created this cute little box using a set of dies that were a gift. I used three paper patterns plus the white cardstock and also lined the inside of the box. I think this would be cute if it had some chocolate kisses in it and used as a gift for a coworker or neighbor. I added a Christmas bow in green to complete the project.

After looking it over I decided to make a tag for the box. I used several punches and a die using white and green cardstock and pretty red patterned paper. I stamped the tiny sentiment and added the red ribbon. I adhered the tag to the box lid but it does not interfere with removing or replacing the lid and the tag will not get lost.


For specific details on participating in these three challenges, be sure to visit their blogs for the guidelines. Both can be successfully combined. We hope you'll join the challenge fun! Here are the links: DTC73 Blog, and BBtheB2 Blog.

Materials
Box
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White
Paper: CTMH "Comfort & Joy" Collection
Die Set: Crafter's Companion (Gemini) Box w/Lid
Misc.: Christmas bow

Tag
Stamp: Stampin' Up! "Itty Bitty Christmas"
Ink: Distress Oxide "Rustic Wilderness"
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White & Garden Green
Paper: Stampin' Up! "Classic Christmas" Collection
Punches: Stampin' Up! Tag Topper & Curly Label & Martha Stewart Doily Lace
Dies: RCD "Curly Leaf"
Misc.: Stampin' Up! Scallop Dots Ribbon in Cherry Cobbler

6 comments:

  1. Such a cool gift box and tag! Love the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this box Mel, and great idea in adding the tag as you did. So Christmassy. Don't forget to add this to the Color Dare "traditional colors" too, and just add DT to your name. Beautiful gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cute! I understand the frustration with Cricut and scoring - been there! Love the colours and the shape of the box plus the tag is a great addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute box and I love the sentiment on the tag. Oh What Yum. LOL Thank you for joining the challenge at Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a sweet little Christmas box. I love the tag that goes with it. Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry you had to scrap your Cricut project. I didn't have great luck with my first few Cricut projects. I hope you try again. thank you for sharing your great box with us at Bitten By the Bug 2. Happy New Year!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete