Monday, December 7, 2020

Very Merry!

The holiday crunch is alive and well as I finish my holiday cards and get them mailed. Card challenges have provided continued inspiration for the designs, whether through sketches, colors, or themes. I followed the theme at Double Trouble Challenge #73: Use a favorite cutting tool, link to Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge, and "Tie It Up" with string, twine, or ribbon. I am also submitting this to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #398, a fabulous source for sketches. All challenges are underway as of Monday, December 7, 2020. The DTC73 biweekly challenge ends on Sunday evening, December 20, 2020. Bitten by the Bug 2 ends on Monday, January 4, 2021, and the AHSC398 weekly challenge ends on Sunday evening, December 13, 2020. 


The first element was cut by using a decorative edge rectangle on a white card base. I added a panel of green tree-patterned paper. The narrow gold ribbon was added and tied into a bow, in keeping with the sketch. The fishtails on two of the banners were done with a punch. The banners were stacked together then added with foam tape for dimension. Finally, the sentiment was stamped, heat embossed in gold, and punched from red cardstock. A few glittery gems were added. The inside was decorated with coordinating paper. By the way, my favorite cutting tool is the die - any die. I love the results. Perhaps over time, I will say it is my Cricut but I need to build more confidence.

For specific details on participating in these three challenges, be sure to visit their blogs for the guidelines. All three can be successfully combined. We hope you'll join the challenge fun at all of them! Here are the links: DTC73 Blog, BBtheB2 Blog, and AHSC398 Blog.

Materials
Stamp: Stampin' Up "Itty Bitty Christmas"
Ink: Versamark
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Gold Glimmer
Paper: Echo Park (I think!)
Die: Gina Marie Designs
Punches: Stampin' Up!
Misc.: Stampin' Up! ribbon and gems; SSS ultra-fine EP (gold); foam tape from stash

11 comments:

  1. Love all the details on this card but I especially like the layered banners under the sentiment. Thanks for also sharing with the Atlantic Hearts challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! I love the traditional Christmas colors and feel. And that sketch might have to be one I go play along with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Melanie! Love the layering on the tags. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and I love the delicate edging die. It is fun to partner up with Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pretty red edge on this card! Makes it fancy! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you used the sketch!! Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep working with your Cricut! It will get easier with time and become your favorite tool! I love your card with that beautiful edging! Nice take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute and simple layout, but oh so great. Thanks for joining the challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your paper choices and the banners are wonderful! Great sparkle. Thank you for joining us at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card! I love the background paper with the trees. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! I love the touches of gold, just the right amount! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete