Friday, February 26, 2021

Floral Thank You


When I first saw this Tictactoe color board for Color My Heart Color Dare TicTacToe Challenge #433 I was sure I would not be able to meet the requirements because I thought the colors would not coordinate well. To my surprise, I was able to complete my card without difficulty so now I don't know why I was dreading it. This biweekly challenge began on Friday, February 26, and will end on Thursday evening, March 11, 2021.


I selected the three colors in the first column - Lilac, Sage, and Lemonade, then added the color Grape to the floral image, using Sangria for the card base. I selected a creamy vanilla cardstock for the image. The flowers were stamped in Lilac with some Grape shading added, followed by Lemonade in the centers. Sage was used for the leaves and Grape with an occasional touch of Lemonade was used for the small flowers. Ensuring the ink was dry, I embossed the cardstock image panel so it would have the texture of linen but I tore the paper and made a mess of it. I turned to fussy cutting the texturized image and adhering it to a vanilla panel, also texturized with an embossing folder. The stamped sentiment was adhered with foam tape and a few rhinestones were added. The inside of the card was stamped with a single flower with leaves in the same colors. I planned on using the card immediately and wrote in it before I photographed it. A quick look at the photo and you can see the edge of my written note.

Note: The camera picked up the blue tones in the lilac flowers. The inks I used are listed below.

If you've never joined us at Color My Heart Color Dare we invite you to visit our Blog and play along with our challenges!

Size: A6 (4.75" x 6")

Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Blossoms in Bloom"
Inks: Distress Oxide Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Squeezed Lemonade & Bundled Sage
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla & Rich Razzleberry (sub for Sangria)
Punches (sentiment): Stampin' Up! Lovely Labels & Modern Label
Embossing Folder: Stampin' Up! "Subtle"
Misc.: Foam tape and pearls from stash

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the way that you used that floral image, great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous! So soft and pretty. You used the colors very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! I love how soft it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! That stamps set is one of my favourites and the colour combo you used works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about the mix of colours but everyone on the DT has done a brilliant job, including you. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit Melanie, these are not colours I would naturally have chosen together, but you have made them work beautifully! What a great save to fussy cut the flowers too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers almost have the watercolored look, such a pretty card, and sometimes I think the same thing that the combination of colors for a row, column or diagonal is hard to imagine and that's when I use all colors... the easy way out if you have that particular paperpack... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your flowers, they are so soft but stunning! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the water color look of the flowers! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete