Friday, February 12, 2021

Hearts Slimline Valentine


We are so pleased to have you join us for another biweekly challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare. This is Challenge # 431, beginning on Friday, February 12, and ending on Thursday, February 25, 2021. Below is the Challenge Board. I used pink with vanilla as my color of choice plus gray as a neutral and metallic gold as a free color.


With St. Valentine's Day falling on Sunday, the 14th, I decided to use this pink challenge to make just one more Valentine. On a panel of vanilla cardstock, I used a "just-stitching" die set of hearts to create the random design. Because I usually make a terrible mess when I splatter ink, I decided to try a stencil, using both pink and gray ink. I added a gold-bordered ribbon and adhered the die-cut panel to a rectangle of gray with only a bit showing. This was added to the pink card base. The sentiment was die-cut from gold paper and two shadows were die-cut - one pink, one gray, then stacked and adhered to the card front. The inside was lined with a die-cut scalloped vanilla panel embossed with the just stitching heart dies. A die-cut "you" in gray was added along with a punched gold metallic heart in gold metallic.


Be sure to stop by the Color Dare Blog to view the challenge guidelines and the inspiring cards created by the Design Team.

Materials
Inks: Stampin' Up! Petal Pink & Basic Gray
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Basic Gray & Petal Pink
Dies: Lawn Fawn "Just Stitching Hearts"
Stencil: Stamperia Mixed Media
Punch: Stampin' Up! (small heart on the inside of the card)
Dies: Pink & Main ("love" with shadow) & SSS ("you" on the inside of the card)
Misc.: Stampin' Up! Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon (Petal Pink) & foam tape

10 comments:

  1. This is such a soft and pretty card, Melanie. I am 100% with you regarding ink splattering - it ends up on everything including halfway up my arms! I love that stitched background - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very delicate pretty card and bang on trend with the slimline style. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Melanie. I love the slimline shape and the softness of color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stitched hearts and the slimline design! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Love the colors and your die cut sentiment is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used your heart die, and I have similar dies that I never knew quite how to use them... makes a beautiful card. And like you, splattering in not my comfort zone; but using stencil or stamps is a great way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stitched background! What a simply elegant card.

    ReplyDelete