Friday, March 26, 2021

Pleated Curtain Technique

It's time for another biweekly challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare. Challenge #437 begins on Friday, March 26, and ends on Thursday evening, April 8, 2021. What makes this challenge a little different from our usual challenges is that you get to pick the colors. All you have to do is follow the 3-2-1 Recipe pictured below. I selected tones of pink, yellow, and green as my Three colors, vanilla and brown (woodgrain) for the Two neutrals, and pink glitter paper for my One item.



I have been trying to use paper from my stash so selected paper that gave me my colors for the challenge. The three main colors and the two neutrals can be found in the paper's design. The pleated curtain technique is an old favorite of mine and having recently seen it demonstrated again I decided to revive one of the many styles. This is also called Pleated Drape or Pleated Skirt in addition to other terms. (Click HERE to see another style.) 

For this card, I simply pleated a strip of patterned paper then adhered it to the woodgrain panel and finished the top edge of the pleating with a pink glitter punched border. The rose, leaves, and butterfly were fussy-cut from the patterned paper and added with foam tape along with a few embellishments. The entire piece was added to a vanilla card base. The inside was decorated with additional fussy-cut images. I decided not to add a sentiment until I am ready to use the card.

Visit our Challenge Blog to see the cards made by our Design Team. We'd enjoy seeing your interpretation of our challenge, too!

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla
Paper: Stampin' Up! "Mosaic Mood", CTMH Glitter Paper (Ballerina), & woodgrain from stash
Punch: Martha Stewart Loopy Border
Misc.: Foam tape & enamel dots from stash

8 comments:

  1. Love the pretty paper agains the wooden background Melanie. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said "WOW!" & my eyes popped when I saw this card! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the floral against the wood grain! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie your card is stunning! Those florals and the wood grain are perfect! The colors really pop and are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That mosaic paper is terrific for this challenge. Love the drapery fold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting to see the pleated style..
    Fabulous make for Color Dare!
    Susan
    Teamie
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Melanie! Love the woodgrain background with the floral paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love your pleated floral and that you fussy-cut the flower and butterfly from the design paper. The design paper and floral look so pretty against the woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete