Sunday, March 7, 2021

You're Out of this World

Update 03/10/2021: What fun! This card was named a Top Three winner at AHSC #410.


Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #410 has been luring me to participate all week but I was unable to respond. Late today I managed to create a card for my grand-nephew using the AHSC sketch for inspiration so decided to add it to the challenge. This challenge opened on Monday, March 1, and closes on Sunday evening, March 7, 2021.


One of my nieces has two wonderful sons, ages 5 and 7. I enjoy making them fun cards and they are always excited to receive snail mail. This card is a companion to a similar card I made for another upcoming challenge. That card is for the 7-year old and won't be published until March 15. This card is for the 5-year old. 

I stamped a few images, colored them with Copic Alcohol Markers and fussy cut them. I added a panel of purple patterned paper to a slimline card base, then with thin foam tape added a die-cut slimline stitched rectangle with wonky squares cut from a celestial map pattern. I did some stamping of stars and the sentiment then added my fussy cut images using thin foam tape. With a punch, I created some star confetti from silver glimmer paper, attaching the stars randomly to the card front. The inside was decorated with stamped stars and two additional images.

Left and center images:


Right and center images:

Be sure to visit the AHSC Blog for fabulous sketches and inspiration. I hope you enjoy my silly card - I know that my grand-nephew will!

Materials
Stamp set: Whimsy "A Boy's Dream"
Inks: Distress Oxide "Dusty Concord", Delicata "Silver Metallic", Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White & Silver Glimmer
Paper: CTMH "Taste of Summer" (purple) & "Aurora" (celestial map)
Die: Whimsy "Slimline Marquee"
Punch: Stampin' Up! "Confetti Stars"
Misc.: Thin foam tape

7 comments:

  1. This is so sticking cute! Your nephew will love it. I love the images and papers. thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge last week. good luck

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beyond cute! I love those monster images and your colour choices are perfect. I am sure this card will be adored. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Love the little space critters, perfect design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, I love the wonky shapes behind your critters, adorable! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card, Melanie. Well colored and great use of our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sweet ~ these little creatures are so adorable ~ love your card ~ Thanks for joining us at AHSC ~ we sure hope to see you back ~ Denise DT ~ chezmoicreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete