Friday, April 9, 2021

Just for You


Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #439 has begun! This is a biweekly challenge, ending on Thursday evening, April 22, 2021. Below is the inspiration photo to help you with the challenge. I selected a bright pink, called Melon Mambo, as my color of choice.

Mini-slimline cards are beginning to appear on card blogs so I played around with my paper and images to create a mini-slimline card (3" x 6"). But then I decided to adhere the white card base to a black cardstock panel (4.25" x 6"). So now my card is neither mini nor slim and it's too tall to be A2. The front of the white card was dry embossed then decorated with stamped flowers that were fussy cut. I decided to introduce pink with the ribbon. The stamped sentiment on two die-cut ovals was purposely offset when adhered and the inside of the card was decorated with a small flower from the same stamp set and a pearl center. In keeping with the pink theme, I added rhinestones and pearls to the front of the card. Because I don't care for the way Wink of Stella appears in photographs, I waited until after the photos to add it to the two black flowers. 


If you're new to color challenges, this challenge is a great way to start. Visit our
Color Dare Blog for ideas and inspiration.

Materials
Stamps: CTMH "Floral Celebration" (flowers) & Stamp of Approval "All About You" (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black & Melon Mambo
Die: Jeanine's (small oval frames)
Embossing Folding: Stampin' Up! ("Parisian Flourish")
Misc.: ZIG Wink of Stella (clear), Stampin' Up! Striped Organdy Ribbon (Melon Mambo); gems & foam tape from stash

9 comments:

  1. Yes! I love hot pink with black and white. Super card. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard to get shimmer to show on cards... I struggle with that as well. Love the black and pink colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card. Pink goes so well with the B&W. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, nice layout and love the embellishments (pink bow and pearls in flower centers) you added to your black and whte card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love the pink accents with the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the colors, those flowers are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pink with the black and white and the embellishments used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the pink with the black and white and the embellishments used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with pink, black & white. Pretty card.

    ReplyDelete