I always enjoy using vellum and when I saw the technique demonstrated HERE, I was hooked. The technique requires the use of alcohol ink so I used my Copic markers. Any alcohol markers (or ink) will work. In addition, I used 40-lb. vellum because the heavier weight is sturdier than the lesser weights. I followed the tutorial but elected not to wet the vellum as heavily as demonstrated. It dried quickly but I wanted more color, so I added a little more color and repeated the process. Once I was satisfied with the result I let it dry thoroughly with only a "gentle blast" from my heat tool. (I have been known to scorch vellum.) After a bit of die-cutting, I proceeded to assemble the card onto a white card base.
Our color challenges at Color My Heart Color Dare frequently include a little twist so check in with us and play along. A new color challenge begins every Friday and lasts for two weeks so there is always an active challenge underway.
Inks: Copic Alcohol Markers (B05, BG13, BV13)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black & Wisteria Wonder
Paper: Stampin' Up! Vellum
Dies: Lawn Fawn (stitched scalloped rectangles) & RCD (flowers)
Misc.: 91% Rubbing Alcohol, Bee Creative tape sheet, foam tape & gems from stash