Friday, May 7, 2021

The Ball Game


This week's challenge sketch at Atlantic Hearts is a reminder of a card I made a few weeks ago referencing a tutorial for a Banner Fun Fold card. (Click HERE for information on that card.) In order to follow the sketch, I created today's card using a similar technique plus I also tilted the sketch. This challenge began on Monday, May 3, and will end on Sunday evening, May 9, 2021.

                          Original Sketch                Tilted Sketch

Using a masculine paper collection I have had for ages, I created a birthday card for my stepson. He will be 53 in June! He has always loved baseball and this is not the first time I have used this paper for his birthday (but I doubt he'll notice). First I created the Z-fold base, then cut three banners from patterned paper to resemble the banners shown in the sketch. I matted the banners with cardstock. The largest banner was added directly to the card base and the two smaller banners were added with thin foam tape for dimension. Because I turned the sketch, I had to allow for variance in the placement of the sentiment, which was also cut from the patterned paper. The inside was lined with white cardstock and decorated with additional coordinating paper.


If you enjoy using sketches be sure to stop by the AHSC Blog.

I also decided to play along with a fairly new challenge dedicated to fun folds: Creative Creases Challenge #6

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler & Pretty Peacock
Paper: Echo Paper "Grand Slam" Collection
Misc.: Foam tape (thin)

10 comments:

  1. What a cool card! Love the layering and the designer paper is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the sketch. That fold is so fun with banners. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card! Love all the details but the stars are my favorite!
    Thank you for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card, love your take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card! Love this fun fold and it's just a perfect masculine card. Thank you for playing with Creative Creases and hope you can join in with your next fun fold card!
    Debbie
    Creative Creases Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is cool! Love the baseball theme and it's a great fun fold. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card!! Love how you've flipped the design 90 degrees. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to turn the sketch! Thank you for joining Challenge 419 at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this and I love that you flipped the sketch on its side, great baseball card, I love it! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Teamie, awesome fun fold and great way of capturing the sketch. Handsome card... you always create great masculine cards. Thanks for sharing another card with Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete