Friday, November 3, 2023

Halloween Fun - I've Got My Eye on You!






As I was writing this, I realized that by the time my blog post is published, Halloween will be over for 2023. Although I am not a big fan of the day, I make a few cards each year and pass out candy to the neighbor children. I have two grand-nephews who enjoy wearing costumes and going to neighborhood events to celebrate, so this card is for one of the boys. (The other card can be viewed HERE.) By the time this blog is published, the cards will have been mailed and received.

I made this card in conjunction with the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #573, beginning on Friday, November 3, 2023, and closing on Thursday evening, November 16, 2023. The required colors are Pumpkin, Acorn, and Jade. Black and white plus neutrals are free to use but the three challenge colors must all be present in your project. The color board is below.


I decided to use some Halloween paper that has been taking up space in my stash. I still have plenty of it for next Halloween so perhaps I should have made more cards this year. Onto a vanilla card base, I adhered a layer of cardstock tilted to the left that matched the acorn color. Next, I added a layer of patterned dot paper in the jade color, tilting it to the right. I used a cut-apart piece with the big eyeball from the paper collection, backed it with vanilla cardstock, and then a scrap of orange-dotted black paper. This layered cut-apart was adhered directly to the card, again at a slight tilt. 

The eyeball was illustrated with spots that represent light reflection so I added rhinestones for sparkle to those spots and then a black enamel dot for the pupil. Going along with the dots, I added two more rhinestones and two more black dots just for fun. The inside of the card was decorated with more patterned paper and a stick-on spider.

We hope you will join us at Color Dare Challenge #573. The colors are ideal for an Autumn card as well as Thanksgiving or Halloween. Our challenges are biweekly, beginning every Friday morning so there is always an active challenge to join.

I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.

Melanie

Materials
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla & Baked Brown Sugar
Patterned Paper: Photo Play "Fright Night"
Misc.: Rhinestones, enamel dots (black)

6 comments:

  1. What a fun card. I love all the layers and patterns keeping the circle theme going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great and such a fabulous, non-spooky Halloween card. I also give out my Halloween cards w/candy to the kids. I had 4 cards leftover this year - they'll keep to next year! (So will the extra candy! We only got about 28 or so kids compared to over 80 kids the last 2 years - not sure why...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one BIG eye! Love the sentiment to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, love the sentiment. And I feel you are watching me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun Halloween card! Love that big eyeball!

    ReplyDelete