Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Pedaling By... (TSOT #651)




The biweekly challenge at Try a Sketch on Tuesday is now live and open for your projects.  This is Challenge #651 and runs through Sunday, August 4, 2024. 

For guidelines visit the TSOT Blog #651Here is the sketch:


In making my card, I changed the circle to an oblong shape. Lately, I have been looking at tutorials on creating cards with windows and apertures so I decided to experiment with a window on this card. I have a new stamp and die set that I used. I changed the sentiment from, "We're going to party," to, "We're going to a party." All it took was a black-inked pen.

I did experience difficulty aligning the stamps that work together even though I used the MISTI. I also discovered that the dies did not match the stamped combined images as closely as I thought they should, but I persisted. The resulting image is in the window. The card front was popped up with foam tape to create dimension. This could have been a shaker card but I kept it open.

In keeping with the sketch, I added balloons in place of the floral image and then placed a celebratory sentiment as shown in the sketch. The TSOT Design Team has cards on display at the Challenge Blog for inspiration. Thank you for stopping by!
Melanie


Materials
Stamps: Catherine Pooler Designs "Pedaling By" & "Best Birthday Yet"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! Blueberry Bushel, Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, Fresh Freesia, Coastal Cabana, & Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Soft Sky, & Crushed Curry
Paper: Catherine Pooler Designs "Color Pop" Collection
Dies: Catherine Pooler Designs "Pedaling By"; DzIxY "Sun & Clouds"; Hero Arts Infinity (circles); Honey Bee (oblongs)
Misc.: SBC foam tape (1 mm & 2 mm), CTMH enamel stickers (hearts)


4 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the shape to be a window into the card!
    --Dalis
    https://www.instagram.com/stamprgrl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Love the paper(s) and background colors and the aperture window is perfect in this setting... the bike image with presents and sentiment are super cute. Creative and fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and happy card. Love the oval window design and the colorful images & papers . Very pretty Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, I love your cute bike card! It just makes me want to keep summer around longer! Probably because I'm stuck inside working all the time! lol

    ReplyDelete