Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Rock Your Weird (TSOT 650)



This is Try a Sketch on Tuesday Challenge #650, beginning on Tuesday, July 2, 2024, and ending on Sunday, July 14, 2024. 


While looking through my sentiment stamps, I realized I had plenty of the more common greetings, but not much along the lines of humor. So the next time I was browsing products I took an interest in more unusual sentiments and found the stamp set used on this card. I used four stamps from the set on the card front.

To create a fun vibe, several colors of cardstock and inks were selected. The call-out shapes were also stamped and then fussy-cut. The shapes were arranged in keeping with the sketch and popped up with foam tape. The greeting that I thought was the craziest was heat embossed in silver. I have a nerdy relative who will get a kick when he receives the card. I hope you enjoy the silly sayings, too.

The inside of the black card base was decorated with a panel of red cardstock, then white cardstock, and decorated with festive scraps and a sentiment.

Thanks for looking,
Melanie

Materials
Stamps: Photoplay "Good Vibes"
Inks: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Real Red & Garden Green
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Real Red, and blue scrap from my stash.
Embossing powder: Wow (silver)
Misc.: 3M foam tape (2 mm); Love from Lizi Pinstripes 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun vibe card, and the black background is perfect for your word bubbles. Creative and cool interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to use large sentiments for the circles - such a fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, what a great idea using the Word bubbles for the shapes...So Fun!

    ReplyDelete