Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Water Fairy, Silvermist

Tinkerbell's Friend: Silvermist


A few days ago I posted information about a Rapunzel costume I made. This is another dress made for the same vacation. This is my granddaughter's friend, Jordan. Jordan's favorite Disney fairy is Silvermist. This is my own interpretation of the character's costume. Another photo is posted below.



 I used a basic dress pattern made from blue cotton with a swirly design. During construction I added "petals" of the sheer floral fabric over the sleeves with an overskirt for the dress. I randomly added rhinestones to the bodice with a heat tool designed for this purpose so she would sparkle like water in the sun. I think it served Jordan well. In fact, she wanted to wear it to school every day preceding the trip to Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment