Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Book Inspiration




Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch Challenge #519 is up on the blog effective Tuesday, August 10, through Sunday evening, August 22, 2021. The option this time is to use a favorite book or film as inspiration. I am not a big fan of Hollywood films but I love to read. I used to visit the library every week but now with my Kindle, I can download three or four books, return them and check out more, and never leave my home! It was difficult to select a favorite book so I went with a childhood favorite, Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. 

I found the sketch a bit tricky to execute and after fiddling with it for a week I finally had a finished product. As you can see, I kept it simple. The setting of this book is Prince Edward Island in the Canadian Maritimes, a beautiful, picturesque part of North America.


To create my scene, I die cut two landscape hills and adhered them onto some striped paper so I could build the card using a blue cardstock base. The clouds were hand-cut and added with thin foam tape. The birds were simply drawn with a pen. The house was stamped, colored with Copic markers and fussy cut, then adhered to the pristine scene. In keeping with the sketch, I added a few gems. I did not add a sentiment since the sketch did not call for one but this card could be used to wish Bon Voyage or to say Hello. The inside was lined with white cardstock and decorated with coordinating paper and clouds. I also added two stamped cottages.

Try Stampin' on Tuesday is a biweekly challenge. We have challenges that begin each Tuesday and last for two weeks, meaning that we always have an active challenge underway. Check us out by visiting the TSOT519 Blog.

Materials
Stamps: Paper Smooches 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Garden Green & Bashful Blue
Paper: Honey Bee "Beach Vibes" & CTMH scraps
Die: Mama Elephant (landscape) 
Misc.: Thin foam tape & gems from stash

1 comment: