Saturday, August 7, 2021

I'm Totally Bananas for You!


A few days ago I was sorting through my patterned paper scraps when I saw the small pink dots on the green tropical paper "sort of coordinated" with the white speckled pink paper. I had not yet made my card for this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #432 so decided to combine the papers to create this card. 


I stamped the images then colored them with Copic markers. I also fussy cut the images. Onto a white card base, I adhered the green tropical patterned paper, followed by a panel of the speckled pink paper. To break up the patterns, I added a scrap of white with narrow charcoal stripes. 


In keeping with the sketch, I cut and matted two rectangles and two squares. The images were added to the shapes and then to the card using thin foam tape. The sentiment was stamped and added with foam tape. The inside of the card was decorated with additional scraps and a few stamped and colored bananas.

If you enjoy challenges, visit the AHSC Blog for great sketches.

Materials
Stamp set: Sunny Studio "Love Monkey"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black & Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Gray & Barely Banana
DSP: Stampin' Up! scraps from my stash
Misc.: Foam tape

7 comments:

  1. just adorable, the monkeys, the bananas. You rocked this one. thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those monkeys... they melt my heart. They are adorable and your colouring is terrific. I am bananas over this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable card, love your adorable monkeys! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Love those sweet monkeys, perfect design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sentiment on this, so cute with the monkeys, fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with Sketch 423 this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! I love those little monkeys! Great use of our sketch! Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts.

    ReplyDelete