Tuesday, September 14, 2021

School Memories


It seems as if it's time again for "Back to School" so that's the theme at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie #160 for September.  It's back to school at Use Your Stuff #431, too, with both challenges ending on September 30, 2021. 

I originally created this card for a sketch challenge but missed the deadline. I tossed it in my stash until today when I realized these were "Back to School" challenges so I decided to add it to my blog and publish it.




I found the elements for my card after a search through my stash. Onto a card base of brown cardstock, I added a panel of green cardstock, embossed with the alphabet. With brown cardstock, I matted the yellow-pencil paper and placed it onto the card with thin foam tape. 

Next, I stamped the book stack with the apple and colored the image with markers. I purposely colored the apple green to match the cardstock but in retrospect, I got thinking, "Nobody ever gives the teacher a green apple!" I guess I should have colored it a bright red. The sentiment was stamped in brown ink and adhered with thin foam tape. The inside was lined with white cardstock and decorated with coordinating paper.


If you're looking for a fun challenge, be sure to check out these blogs: IYGCC160 and UYS431.

Materials
Stamps: Echo Park "Star Student"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Chocolate Chip, Hello Honey, Pear Pizzazz
Paper: Echo Park "Pencil Pushers"
Die: Whimsy (stitched circle)
Punch: Stampin' Up! (scalloped circle)
Misc.: Sizzix Embossing Folder (alphabet) & thin foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love this embossing folder! What a great card. Thanks for playing along with us at UYS and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete