Saturday, September 25, 2021

Masculine Thank you

9/29/2021 Update: This card was a Top Three Winner in AHSC Challenge #439!
               
Interruptions can be annoying. I created this card on Monday, the first day of the challenge. After adding the information to my blog, I was interrupted and published it later in the day but never added it to the challenge! Then I noticed I had not yet added the photos to my blog. So finally, here is my card, properly updated with photos and posted to the challenge.

The weekly challenge at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Challenge #439 will end on Sunday evening, September 26, 2021. Here's their sketch:


I enjoy making masculine cards so looked through my stash of plaid and wood grain papers for inspiration. I cut the papers to match the sketch, adding a few extra layers here and there with black and blue-green cardstock. I tried gray cardstock but black gave the card more interest. The real issue for me was what to use for the center. I finally went with two die-cut stitched circles, stamped with a simple sentiment and decorated with three die-cut gears. I finished it off with a few black gems.


The inside was lined with a panel of white cardstock and additional die-cut gears.

This challenge is one of my favorites for great sketches, so visit the AHSC439 Blog and play along.

Materials
Stamp: Carta Bella "Gather Together"
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Lost Lagoon, Foiled Cardstock (silver)
Paper: Stampin' Up! DSP (plaid scrap) & Kaiser Craft "Boardwalk" (wood grain)
Dies: RCD (gears) & Whimsy (stitched circles)
Misc.: Foam tape and black gems

9 comments:

  1. Love the gears and your colors. Such a wonderful pairing of papers for this masculine card. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So smart to use these papers and make a masculine thank you card!
    Super cute image, great use of the sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card!!! Love the masculine vibe you've achieved. Thanks so much for playing with us at AHSC!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I struggle with Masculine cards big time so I love inspiration when it comes, this is great! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masculine card, Melanie! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at AHSC this week--so glad you found time to post it.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. I agree with many of the other commenters--masculine cards are hard for me, too. I love what you have done with this card, especially the gears.
    Thanks for playing with us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Anna, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Love your masculine take on the challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete