Friday, March 25, 2022

Hey, Gorgeous!


The struggle is real... it's never quite clear to me why it takes me so long to develop a card for a color challenge. Maybe I overthink it. Here is my card for Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #489. The decision to use the inlay technique required even more time than usual but I am pleased with the results. 

Below is the Tictactoe board to guide you through the colors. Select three colors in a row, column, or diagonally to create your card. You may use as many of the colors on the board as you wish as long as you form a Tictactoe. Do not use any colors that are not on the board. Take note that Black and White may be used freely.

I selected a diagonal direction - Desert Rose, Sage, and Foiled Gold. I also used Ballerina, Glacier, and Rosemary. To a panel of black cardstock, I adhered a large gold foiled die-cut. I left some of the pieces intact but others I removed so I could inlay colored cardstock. I did not have anything close to Desert Rose in my cardstock or dye inks so made my own using a blend of Copic alcohol markers. I added the die-cut sentiment, plenty of sparkly gems, and attached a white card base. The inside was decorated with a small flower from the die-cut scraps.

We welcome you to our challenges. You are not required to use CTMH colors as long as your substitutes are very close. A new biweekly challenge begins every Friday morning so there is always an active challenge to join. This challenge ends on Thursday evening, April 7, 2022, and here is our Color Dare Blog #489. We hope to see your project!

Materials
Inks: Copic Alcohol Markers (R22 & E23) - sub for Desert Rose
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Basic White, Foiled Gold, Soft Succulent (sub for Rosemary), Mint Macaron (sub for Sage), Pool Party (sub for Glacier), Pink Pirouette (sub for Ballerina)
Dies: RCD (flower garden), Pink Fresh (sentiment)
Misc.: SU! Champagne Rhinestones

8 comments:

  1. Wow - what a lot of work but the result is stunning! I love that you created your own Desert Rose shade. This is simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the gold how it pops on that black background! Wonderful job making your own Rose Gold color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Gosh! Melanie your card is stunning! You created a real beauty in this card. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo that looks so classy with the black background and the gold outline. Such a great way to show how the CMHCD colours can just be accents on the card. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful!! Love the colors and the delicate die cuts are stunning! :D

    ReplyDelete