Friday, May 3, 2024

Silver Dragonfly (CD 599)



For years I dreaded color challenges, avoiding them at every turn. A friend encouraged me to try them and I have grown to enjoy them. Below is the color board for Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge #599, a biweekly challenge that runs through Thursday, May 16. I used colors from my stash that most closely match the required colors. I also included silver foiled cardstock.



A design was die-cut into a cardstock panel and the resulting opening was backed with darker cardstock. Next, the leaf cluster was stamped and colored using alcohol markers. The dragonfly was die-cut from silver foiled cardstock and adhered to a piece of vellum that had been colored with a marker. The vellum was fussy-cut to fit the dragonfly. The elements were adhered to the panel and then to a white card base. A hole punch was used to cut a few bits from silver scraps and added to the card. The inside was decorated with a small dragonfly die-cut and additional silver bits.

I hope my card has inspired you to play along at Color Dare Challenge #599! Thank you for looking.
Melanie

Materials
Stamp: Altenew "Leaf Canopy"
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black & Copic Alcohol Markers
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Elegant Eggplant (for Royal), Wisteria Wonder, Foiled Cardstock (silver)
Dies: Altenew "Leaf Canopy", Sizzix Thinlits #660220, Unbranded Dragonflies
Misc.: CTMH thin foam tape


7 comments:

  1. Pretty dragonfly! Clever girl using a hole punch to create embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the die cut with the purples then the Lagoon used on just the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is adorable, love that cute corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie, your card is gorgeous, and you know I love dragonflies, and love that border cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that cut out section with the images in turquoise - very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have lots of dragonflies right now and I love them! Yours is so pretty in the silver & lagoon. Gorgeous card design.

    ReplyDelete