Friday, May 31, 2024

Thanks - Clean and Simple/Masculine (CD 603)




Here we go with another bi-weekly challenge! This is Color My Heart Color Dare #603, consisting of three required colors. I did not have any of these precise colors so I used scraps from my stash that I hoped were close enough in color. The light is playing tricks with the camera, distorting my photo's colors.


I decided to go CAS (clean and simple) with the design, which led me to create a masculine card. Using a technique that's an oldie but goodie I cut scraps into strips of varying widths, adhered them to a piece of copy paper, then cut the word using a die. I especially like the "loose" font. The spatter was added and the inside of the card was decorated with a coordinating piece of scrap.

Be sure to join us over at Color Dare #603. This challenge runs through Thursday, June 13, 2024.
Melanie

Materials
Stamps: Wintertime Crafts "Spatter and Brush"
Ink: Stampin' Up! Soft Succulent
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White
Paper: Scraps from my stash
Die: Altenew "Mega Thanks"

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love your sentiment! It makes a real statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea - die cutting a sentiment made from scraps. Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but powerful. Love how you did the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all in for stamped splatters and brush paints they are so much more in control. Love the way you put your sentiment together with scraps from your staqsh... love your card.

    ReplyDelete