Sunday, March 1, 2015

Brooke's Quilt

 Brooke's Quilt
 
 
 
I decided to make a play quilt for my granddaughter, Brooke. Since children play on the floor so much, I thought she could enjoy playing with her dolls on this quilt. It is larger than crib size but smaller than twin size. It is totally machine made as well as washable and can be tossed in the dryer. It is simply 8" squares, cut from fat quarters, some of which I embellished with machine embroidery or ribbon and lace, sewn together. Some sashing was added, I quilted it on a standard sewing machine, then the edges were bound, also by machine. All of the quilt fabric came from my sister's stash as she was cleaning her sewing room. The ribbon, lace and fabric for sashing and backing came from my own stash of fabric. This is a very basic quilt with simple techniques because I expected it to get a lot of wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment