Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Encouragement - Double Dutch Fold

Go Forth and Shine 

This card started out as an entry to a challenge but somehow developed into a card for a family member who recently found a job after a long period of being laid off. Her situation has been heavy on my heart. I was so excited to learn the good news that I made this card for her. The challenge card will be back on my drawing board later today.

The style of the card is Double Dutch Fold. The basic fold can be made using two pieces of cardstock or one piece. I used the one piece method. I remember a neighbor having a "Dutch door" when I was a child and I always wished we had one in our house as well.

After folding the white card base, I embellished it with cardstock and DSP using a few simple cuts and a few die cuts. Because the card base measurements make a shorter than A2 card, I adhered the entire card to the Strawberry Slush cardstock trimmed to true A2 size (4.25" x 5.5").
Card interior:

 


Techniques: Double Dutch Fold, punching, stamping, die cutting

Recipe: Products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated:
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Whisper White, Dazzling Diamonds
DSP: Birthday Bash Collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps: W+9 Design Studio Sparkle and Shine stamp set (front), Verve Stamp Luke 1:45 (inside)  
Dies: Framelits Circles Collection, Spellbinders Lacy Circles, Crafter's Companion Die'sire scalloped rectangles (inside)
Punch: Itty Bitty Accents (stars)
Other: Foam tape to pop up circle w/sentiment, Dimensionals to pop up the stars, scallop scissors to trim the top and bottom.
Size: A2 (4.25" x 5.5")

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card, I'm sure that it brought a smile to the person who received it. Such a neat fold and I love how you adhered the entire card base to the pink background. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete