Friday, July 27, 2018

Happy Everything - Using Acetate



It's time for the Tic-Tac-Toe color challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare. This is Challenge #303. The rules are simple - select a vertical, horizontal or diagonal row from the grid then add any other colors from the grid that you like! Looking at the grid you can see that I used the bottom horizontal row, Glacier, Black and Poppy, then included White Daisy, Lemon and Bashful. To finish the card, I added the optional Silver.


Somewhere I saw a card that I wanted to CASE. I did not make a note of the place or the creator of the card so I am CASEing from memory. I don't believe the card I saw used acetate for the stripes - it may have been patterned paper or stamped stripes and it did not have any silver elements.

Using some striped acetate by We Are Memory Keepers, I wrapped the card around the back of the card to the left front, cutting the front at an angle for interest. The piece on the right edge of the front was cut and adhered. The adhesive does not show through if applied to the stripes. The sentiment was added. Using some flowers from my stash, I used Copic markers to color the flowers to match the challenge colors. The foliage was die cut from silver foil cardstock. The elements were all adhered to the card front along with some droplets. The inside of the card was decorated with a scrap piece of acetate.


The Color Dare Design Team would be pleased to have you visit the Color Dare Challenge #303 and join in the challenge fun! You could be eligible for a prize! The challenge begins on Friday, July 27 and runs for two weeks. There may still be time to participate in Challenge #302 as well.

Materials
Stamp: Dare 2B Artzy "BEE-autiful" (sentiment)
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copic Alcohol Markers (to duplicate Bashful, Lemon and Poppy)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White (heavyweight); WRMK "Clearly Bold" Acetate
Dies: Frantic Stamper "Wreath & Swag"
Misc.: Pretty Pink Posh droplets; flowers from stash

6 comments:

  1. Melanie I love your card! The way you did the stripe background and left space for the sentiment is great! I need to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - the foliage is so pretty done in silver and I love the cut out for the sentiment. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design! I love the colors and your striped acetate is the perfect background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely array of colors in your floral...use to seeing you use dies for your flowers and this was quite refreshing to see how you used some of your flowers in your stash by coloring them and then the silver metallic for the leaves...striking and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cluster of flowers!! I also love how you angled the stripped papers!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete