Monday, July 16, 2018

Rejoicing with You - Double Flip



Thinking that maybe a "Christmas in July" Challenge would keep me cool this summer, I decided to give it a try! So far, it's not working...


I invite you to visit the Double Trouble Challenge (DTC) #5 and make a holiday card. Our challenge runs from July 16 until July 29, 2018. Trouble Maker's Thing 1 is Christmas in July, Double Dare's Thing 2 (optional) is to play along at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog (H2H) and Twisted Sister's Thing 3 (optional) is to use a fun or fancy fold. You could be eligible to win a prize!



See the tutorial on making this Double Flip Fun Fold Card HERE. This is not the only style - there are tutorials on several other variations available. I elected to change my card by matting all of the patterned papers before adhering to the card base. I am please with the results and the card only took me about 90 minutes to make once I had viewed the tutorial and selected my paper.

I think this fold would really be fun if it were made using images of cute little critters celebrating Christmas with Santa Claus.


Hope to see you at DTC #5 and H2H.


Techniques: Stamping, die cutting, fun fold
Size: A2

Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Versatile Christmas"
Ink: DOX "Vintage Photo"
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Very Vanilla, Bashful Blue (retired)
Paper: CTMH "White Pines" & "Snow Haven" Collections
Dies: Stampin' Up! Framelit & Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals
Other: Stampin' Up! Candy Dots; ribbon from stash

5 comments:

  1. What a cool design Melanie! Love the fun fold and the sentiments. Great designer papers too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the layers and elements of this card and how you combined the White Pines and Snow Haven. Who would have thought they would look so good together? Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card, and a fun fold too! I like the way it ties together, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun fold (& pretty) card! Merry Christmas in July! Thanks for joining us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful Melanie. Just love the wording and interactive elements of these.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete