Friday, September 11, 2020

For You

As Fall approaches, I am eager to make a few Autumn cards. Living in Arizona means that there are few visible signs of any seasonal change until later in the year. The biweekly challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare #411 offers some colors that work perfectly to depict autumn leaves. This is a tic-tac-toe challenge so my project must include at least colors that align in a row on the board below. Once I select three colors, I am free to choose as many as appear on the grid plus any neutrals as permitted. The challenge stipulates that colors not on the grid may not be added. This challenge began on Friday, September 11, and ends on Thursday, September 24, 2020. 

I selected the bottom row from the color board, Goldrush, Ruby, Julep, then added Eggplant and Pixie. I used a shade of brown as a neutral. I stamped the images with brown ink onto cardstock then blended the challenge colors. I die-cut the leaves and then heat-embossed them with clear embossing powder. The clear powder gives the leaves a soft shine. Using a julep card base, I added a panel of the brown cardstock and some wood grain paper. The leaves were placed with foam tape along with the sentiment. Three enamel dots were added. The inside of the card was lined with white cardstock and decorated with wood grain paper and a small color-blended leaf.

We hope you'll join us for our challenge by visiting the Color Dare Blog to learn more about taking part.

Materials

Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy "Tangle Leaves" 

Inks: Versamark; Distress Oxide Gathered Twigs, Fossilized Amber, Candied Apple, Evergreen Bough, Wilted Violet & Worn Lipstick

Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Hello Honey, Baked Brown Sugar & Just Jade

Paper: Stampin' Up! from stash (wood grain)

Dies: Dare 2B Artzy "Fall Leaves"

Misc.: Stampin' Up! Embossing Powder (clear) & foam tape

10 comments:

  1. WOW! I love how your leaves turned out!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent colors, love the shine and the zentangle in the leaves and adding the same stamp on the inside corner of your card... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rustic look with those gorgeous pops of colors on your leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! Those leaves are AMAZING! Wait...this card is AMAZING! The richness of the leaves against the subtle woodgrain is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those leaves - wow! Great selection of colours - a perfect autumn card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and graphics you used reminded me of printed papers and fabrics I saw while in India. What a truly glorious design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! The background paper is perfect under those amazing leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning and unusual design Melanie! I love your focal leaves and they look wonderful against the woodgrain background! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like all the colors in the leaves and the woodgrain background!

    ReplyDelete