Monday, September 7, 2020

Up, Up and Away

 

There is a new biweekly challenge at Double Trouble #66. This challenge begins on Monday, September 7, and ends on Sunday evening, September 20, 2020. As always, this challenge has three elements:

1. Thing 1 (required): Trouble Maker would like to see a project that depicts a scene. This can be a scene anywhere you wish - a favorite vacation spot or a place you dream of visiting. 

2. Thing 2 (optional): Double Dare is hoping you will link your project to The Paper Girls Challenge #207, provided you have met their requirements, too.

3. Thing 3 (optional): Twisted Sister is eager to learn about your mode of transportation when you travel (real or fictional). I have shown a hot air balloon on my card.

In addition, I have added my card at Moving Along with the Times Challenge #122. Their monthly challenge for September is to "Create a Scene". 

Onto watercolor paper, I sponged a blue sky then painted a winter scene. The fir trees are also watercolored but the deciduous tree was stamped then touched up with a wet brush. I stamped the tiny red cardinal in the tree then added the balloon silhouette with a black pen. Because I used watercolor paper, I decided to distress the image piece on all four sides then added it to a card base along with gold foiled cardstock and patterned paper. The inside was lined with a panel of white cardstock. A white gel pen was used to add a bit of snow to the tree.

The Design Teams For DTC66, The Paper Girls #207, and Moving Along with the Times #122 welcome you to join the challenges!

Materials
Stamps: Stampin' Up! "Snow Front"
Inks: ZIG watercolors, Stampin' Up! Soft Sky, Baked Brown Sugar & Real Red
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Island Indigo (card base) & Gold
Patterned Paper: From stash
Misc.: Boxom Gel Pen (white) & Sakura Micron Pen (black)

8 comments:

  1. Your scene is AMAZING! I thought it may have been a picture taken from another source but the fact that you painted that is awesome - SO much talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Alyson! This stamp set is a build-a-scene set but I found it simpler to freehand the the look of the snow and the fir trees to achieve the "watery" look than to use stamps. As mentioned the deciduous tree was stamped.

      Delete
    2. Very pretty card! I've never been in a hot air balloon. Maybe I need to put that on the list of "have to's"!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful winter scene! Love the colors, fantastic design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful created scene with your watercolors... I've been near 500 hot air balloons; but not on my bucket list to travel in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am awed by your watercolor scene. Just stunning, and so peaceful. I can almost hear the whoosh of the hot air balloon! Also, the gold and red trims are so classy and also evoke the holiday spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a gorgeous scene!!

    Thanks for playing along with my theme over at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful winter scene, thank you for joining us at MAWTT, x

    ReplyDelete