Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A Delightful Day


 
It's time for another biweekly sketch challenge at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. This is Challenge #630, which began on Tuesday, October 24, 2023, and will be closing on Sunday, November 5, 2023. The required sketch is shown below. This challenge also has an option to include a theme of warm drinks. For example, cocoa, coffee, tea, cider, etc. I went with what could be any warm, steamy beverage, but my personal choice would be coffee.



My interpretation of the sketch is obvious, at least to me. I used the edge of a plate for the large curve of the partial circle shape, hand-cutting it from patterned paper and backing it with blue cardstock. The mug was simply cut with my trimmer. The blue half circle and the mug's white handle were die-cut along with the flourishes representing steam. The sentiment was stamped and die-cut. I popped up several elements with foam tape and then added the white enamel dots. The card front was adhered to a layer of blue cardstock and then onto a white card base. I always decorate the inside of my cards with a little something. This time I used scraps of patterned paper and flourishes.

If you haven't tried our sketch challenges, we urge you to join us at the TSOT #630 Blog and play along in our challenge fun. Every Tuesday, we begin a new biweekly challenge so there is always a challenge underway. 

I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.
Blessings...
Melanie

Materials
Stamp: Brutus Monroe "Daisies for Days" (sentiment)
Ink: Stampin' Up! Boho Blue
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Boho Blue, Baked Brown Sugar
Patterned Paper: CTMH (Toffee mix-in)
Dies: Brutus Monroe "Daisies for Days" (sentiment), Kokorosa "Large Dragonflies"  (flourishes), Hero Arts Infinity (circles)
Misc.: CTMH thin foam tape & Spellbinder enamel dots
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")

2 comments: